How to install your turf.
HOW TO INSTALL YOUR NEW TURF
- Apply a pre-plant fertiliser. Rake this into the surface.
- Prior to laying turf check that the soil surface is not hot and or dry. Wet the soil down if hot and or dry.
- Install your lawn immediately upon delivery. Turf is a living product and should be laid within 12 hours of delivery.
- Begin installing turf along the longest straight line, such as a driveway or walkway. Butt and push ends against each other tightly, without stretching.
- Stagger the joints in each row in a brick-like fashion, using a large sharp knife to trim corners, etc.
- On slopes, place the turf pieces across the slope.
- After installing the turf, roll the entire area to improve turf-soil contact.
- Begin watering lawn within 30 minutes of installation. Turf is a living plant that requires ground contact and moisture.
- During first two weeks, avoid heavy or concentrated use of your new lawn. This gives the roots an opportunity to firmly knit with the soil, and ensures that the turf will remain smooth.
THE FIRST WEEKS ARE CRITICAL
- Week One: Water up three times a day, during the day for the first week, this will help replace lost moisture in the turf.
If weather is hot avoid watering in the middle of the day, early morning or night is best.
- Week Two-Three: Roots should have formed so watering can be reduced to once per day but watering should be longer to encourage the roots to search deeper.
- Week Three-Four: Water a couple of times per week. Again, increase the watering time to encourage deep rooting. Once your lawn in matted together and established it is ready for its first mow. Avoid mowing too low. Enjoy!